What makes sense for a tester to have an extended support in terms of tools ........
Questions to ask -
- do we really need them ?
- will they help me perform better in this situation ?
- are these tools scripting ideas & inputs ?
- are they able to "think" cognitively like you and me ?
- can they really unearth bugs ?
- will they increase my productivity ?
Specific to Automation tools
- Are they able to let me explore the inputs ?
- am I experimenting while doing testing ?
- can I make them work they way I'd want them to work ?
- Are they actually doing what I wanted them to do while executing a script ?